Price: 250 $
Credit: 14 PDH
In Nonlinear analysis using CivilFEM powered by Marc: Geometric nonlinearity, you’ll learn …
- Fundamentals of nonlinear analysis.
- Practical application of the Finite Element Method to Nonlinear analysis.
- CivilFEM powered by Marc GUI applied to nonlinear analysis.
- Geometric nonlinearity: Geometric nonlinearity problems using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Practical exercise: Complete guided exercise - FEM Large Deflection in Box Section Arch using CivilFEM powered by Marc
What is geometric nonlinear analysis? Is an analysis in which the large deflections and large rotations in a structure doesn´t allows linear small deflections assumption because of the stiffness updating of the structure and the change in the load position (followers forces hypothesis).
Students of this course will learn fundamentals of nonlinear analysis, numerical analysis of nonlinear problems how to perform a geometric nonlinear analysis and how to obtain convergence in the solution of different structures using advanced Finite Element Method software such as CivilFEM powered by Marc.
- Base text: Specially created for the training program.
- Software: Students of this course will have access to the student version of the FEM software CivilFEM powered by Marc to perform the exercises proposed.
- Forums: Where the students have the chance to interact and consult with each other and the tutors.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Some basics in nonlinear analysis: The basics of Nonlinear Analysis.
- Numerical Analysis of Nonlinear Problems: Nonlinear problems require incremental solution schemes and solved with iterations to ensure that equilibrium is satisfied at the end of each step and some numerical methods are explained concerning this concept.
- Geometric Nonlinearity: Geometric nonlinearity occurs whenever the displacement changes the effective stiffness of the structure and these sections deals in how this aspect can affect in some particular behavior in the response of a structure to determinate loads.
- Convergence Problems in a nonlinear problem mostly is not just about the convergence of the solution and it is an overall issue of model integrity and representation of reality and its achievement sometimes becomes a difficult objective. In these sections some important aspects that help in the procedure of obtaining the converged solution are stated using CivilFEM powered by Marc.
Certificate of Completion
You will obtain a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.